Oren T. Chikamoto has practiced law in Hawaii since 1973.
Mr. Chikamoto concentrates in the areas of probate, estate and trust settlement, income, estate and gift taxation, business and estate planning and governmental affairs.
As a regular part of his practice, Mr. Chikamoto has assisted clients in the formation, transfer and liquidation of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and limited and general partnerships, business succession to family and non-family members, structuring of sales and exchanges of business assets and the preparation, review and amendment of commercial leases.
- Boston University School of Law (L.L.M. in Taxation 1976)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D. 1973)
- Pacific University and University of Hawaii (B.A. 1969)
- Hawaii State Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii 1973
- U.S. Tax Court 1976
- U.S. Court of Claims 1977
Membership & Civic Activities
- Hawaii State Bar Association 1973.
- American Bar Association 1973.
Mr. Chikamoto is a former Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Hawaii, Richardson School of Law (1982 and 1985); and Adjunct Faculty Member, University of Hawaii School of Business, Professional Certification Program, Estate Planning 2002-2004.
Lectures & Panels
- 2003 Hawaii State Convention of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors: “The Life Insurance Contract: Do We Have a Deal and What is it?”
- 2005 Hawaii State Convention of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors: “The Annuity Contract: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly”
- 2005 42nd Hawaii Tax Institute: “Trustee’s and Beneficiaries – Can’t We Just Get Along”
- Encyclopedia of Estate Planning, Update 2007, Hawaii State Bar Association: “Lifetime and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits”.
- Author: “Lifetime and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits”, Encyclopedia of Estate Planning, Update 2007, Hawaii State Bar Association.